Friday 19 February 2010

Upper fin Lower fin

I was very happy with the basic shape I had created so far. I now needed to extrude surfaces to increase the overall bulk of the ship. I also started work on the upper fin by moving vertices together which created a narrowing of the fin which made the object more aerodynamic. I started to model the after burners at the back of the craft. I was very excited with the front of the aircraft as I had modeled a recess in which the cockpit would sit. The polygons at the front of the ship created a shield which protected the cockpit from the harsh weather on the planet.

I was not happy with the way in which the lower fins had turned out. The wings looked as if they were hanging on by a thread and there was no way a huge object like that would be supported from the engines. I needed to rethink this.

No comments:

Post a Comment