Friday 19 February 2010

Modeling the airship

Once the group was happy with the design of the airship I started modeling the basic shape in maya from a basic cube which I then subdivided to allow me to extrude the shape and move vertices to build up a pyramid. I used the reference that was available to me when constructing the model. I was always referring to present day aircraft as well as my silhouettes and final concepts. At this stage I wanted to construct the foundations of the aircraft and concentrated on making the upper fin of the aircraft. I only made one side of the fin as I knew I could mirror it which would save modeling time. I am glad I didn't get bogged down making the finer details at this stage as this would have severely distracted me from constructing the main bulk of the ship that was imperative to the ships success.

No comments:

Post a Comment