Saturday 27 February 2010

The desert terrain

I painted a couple of images concerning the environment in which the mine and its various components would be located. I focused on lighting and composition as well as the design of the mine itself. The concepts were originally done in black and white to get a realistic ambient light. When I was happy with the result I would then add a colour filter which  would help us when it came to creating lighting and matt paintings.

I only got round to painting a colour filter on one of the concepts, however this gave us some valuable lighting and colour reference.

I was overwhelmed at the quality of the images and how they suggested mood as well as a futuristic but industrial world. I wanted the atmosphere to be dark and saturated with beams of light only just passing through the dense cloud cover. I think I have achieved this within the images I painted. However, incorporating this look within a 3d world would be a challenging and difficult issue. We may have to evaluate the look of the environment and its atmospheric conditions once we model the scene.





No comments:

Post a Comment