Friday 19 February 2010

Land Vehicle designs

Once i had designed the air ship I began to draw up simple silhouettes for the armoured vehicle that also transported the Intronium to a remote location. I was careful to maintain a style consistency. I designed the land vehicle much like the airship. It maintained the pyramid shape reminiscent to the mine and the air based vehicles. I was also weary of present day technology and incorporated some realistic elements which helped keep a realistic feel to the vehicle.

I started by drawing up some simple shapes which gave me a good platform in which to construct the vehicle which Chris would model. Once the group had selected the vehicle that best represented the story I began to work on a much more detailed image which Chris would use as a template for constructing the armoured vehicle in Maya.

I was very pleased with the final outcome as the design was in keeping with the other models in the environment. It conveyed the role would carry out within the environment. The whole design worked in a functional and a design sense. I especially liked the way the caterpillar tracks turned out. These would be fundamental in the sandy conditions. I also included a pin-up on the side of the vehicle near the cockpit. This gave the vehicle a sense of realism and suggested that humans controlled the immediate environment.


No comments:

Post a Comment