Friday 19 February 2010

Exterior tail fins

I deleted the fins either side of the engines as they seemed to big to be supported by the engines themselves. In order for this to work I would need to model some supports or horizontal fins to support the fins. A this point I was not sure what form the supports would take and I had no idea how to model a convincing fin shape. After looking at the Mohawk as well as the lancaster bomber in my reference material I gained some valuable knowledge in terms of design and weight. I created one horizontal fin which would be situated under the hull of the ship. I was careful to model it in a way that would be aerodynamic. The front of the wing would be thicker than the back of the wing. This would give the airship some realism. I then proceeded to make the exterior wings which I duplicated many times. These would form the smaller fins and wings which would form the finer details of the craft. The ship itself was taking shape. I loved the silhouette which resembled something much like an angle fish. This is what I was aiming for and it was exciting to see one drawings becoming a reality. 


No comments:

Post a Comment